Sunday, July 3, 2011

Brian Jones

Brian Jones: "

Montreal, 65. Brian speaks up.

Brian and Anita.
Meeting the fans.
Dressed To Kill.
Pulling A Naker.
Ruby Tuesday, with recorder, '67.
Lady Jane, dulcimer, same show as above.
A better use of the recorder.
At The Mellotron.
With Gibson Firebird, Where Is That Guitar Today?

Brian Today.



If You Can Get Past The Commercial There's Some Great Early Color Footage Here.







Brian co-wrote this one, better than anything they'd done in decades.



I don't have much to add to what I had to say about Brian Jones (Lewis Brian Hopkins Jones, born February 28, 1942, died July 3, 1969) two years ago on the fortieth anniversary of his death. But I guess I still miss him. In his best selling auto-hagiography Life, Keith Richards' downplays Brian's contributions at every chance he gets, even crediting the formation of the Rolling Stones to Ian Stewart. Brian is still getting the shit end of the stick after all this time. Well, at least he never looked as goofy as Ron Wood, who could have taken at least a few fashion tips from Brian. It's forty two years since Brian's death and I'm still saying my goodbyes.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment